Experts predict that American society could collapse into totalitarianism in only 20–30 years, there will be a permanent Mars colony, and AI will be more intelligent than all humans. Is any of this real? Is society unraveling? Should we fear a future “Terminator?” Will technology accelerate society’s collapse and perhaps our extinction—or will it help us correct course, go to the stars and awaken the universe?
How does one resolve such questions, plan for the future, and achieve happiness in the present? Most people feel—“Big ideas like these are too complicated and there is no way to determine the truth.”—so they go with the flow. Author JJ Kelly explains why it is the failure to think about big ideas that puts our future at risk. An expert at simple explanations of how things work, JJ shows us that thinking about the cause-and-effect principles behind our changing society and technology’s impact is not difficult.
BECOME A NEW INTELLECTUAL
Our society is in desperate need of New Intellectuals willing to think about big ideas. INTELLOPY guides you in focusing your thinking on the Laws of Reality, the nature of Man, and the processes of human evolution that are now accelerating. You will learn how to connect big, abstract ideas to reality. You will discover reality-based principles that explain why society is changing, and the role technology plays.
LEARN HOW THE WORLD WORKS
To anticipate the future and make plans, you first need to know how the world works. INTELLOPY describes the Six Critical Processes of reality and reason that explain everything:
1. Evolution - explains why the universe’s physics advances complexity, life, consciousness, and rational intelligence. Answers: Why do I exist?
2. Plastic Brain - explains how your conscious and sub-conscious mind operates. Answers: Am I in control of my life?
3. Conceptual Thinking - explains how you use knowledge validated against reality to sustain your life. Answers: What do I need to know and do to achieve my heroic vision?
4. Technology Cycle - explains how knowledge, technology, and human intelligence advance in society. Answers: What is society’s purpose and how should I deal with others?
5. Ivory Tower Cycle - explains how a few intellectuals determine a society’s rise or fall trajectory. Answers: What is the problem beneath our other problems today and how do we fix it?
6. Happiness Skills - explains how your conceptual thinking shapes your psychology and happiness. Answers: How do I achieve and sustain happiness in a technological future?
ANTICIPATE THE FUTURE
We are about to experience something profound as we merge our mind and body with our technology to become a hybrid species—during your lifetime! INTELLOPY provides easy-to-understand explanations of Eight Transcendent Technologies, the opportunities and threats they will bring, and what we might expect:
1. Genetics - our biology.
2. Nanotechnology - the physical world.
3. Blockchain - societal transactions.
4. 5G network - communications.
5. Artificial Intelligence - machine intelligence.
6. Augmented Human Intelligence - our intelligence.
7. Quantum Computing - information processing.
8. Nuclear Fusion - energy sources.
ACHIEVE YOUR HEROIC VISION
No one wants to live a radically extended lifespan in a state of unhappiness. Huge change provides a great opportunity for those who see it coming. After reading INTELLOPY, you will know the course you must set in a collapsing society with advancing technology to achieve the heroic vision you once had for yourself as a child.
APPLY TECHNOLOGY BENEFICIALLY
Technology amplifies and accelerates change in our society, for either good or bad. Whether you have a role in technology's implementation or want to critique applied technology, INTELLOPY explains how to judge whether it will be beneficial or harmful to society.
(Requires FREE membership.)